April 11 – Barb Vedder – Hex Vex – English Paper Piecing Workshop
Learn the basic techniques of English Paper Piecing to create your own unique hexagon quilt or table runner. We will discuss the importance of color and scale and when choosing fabrics for this scrap quilt. Students will learn how to achieve intricate patterns and designs using commercial fabrics.
Date: April 11, 2017
Time: 10 AM to 4 PM
Location: Goodwill Fire House, West Chester, PA
Workshop Fee: $33.00 – with additional $12 kit fee
Workshop Limit: 25 students
- No sewing machine needed.
- $12.00 Class kit (required) paper pieces to create 3 different styles of hexagon blocks for a total of 15 completed blocks (papers can be re-used to make more)
- Plastic template material for auditioning fabrics
- Marking pencils/pens for fabric
- Basic hand sewing kit: Needles, Pins (for pin basting papers to fabric), Threads to match fabrics, Thimble and Scissors (paper and fabric)
- Iron and Ironing surface (to share)
10-12 fat quarters or a wide selection of fabrics that work together, like reproduction fabrics, bright modern prints, etc. Consider finding a multi-colored patterned fabric that you like and selecting those colors in different prints. Bring large and small-scale prints, stripes, geometrics and novelty prints.