At our February meeting, 51 walker bags were collected and distributed to Pembrooke, Pocopson and Brandywine Hall Nursing Facilities. A special thank you to our Tel Hai friends for their time and talent which accounted for 37 of the walker bags. Ann also reported at the meeting that the Annual Reports from the Home of the Sparrow and the Domestic Violence Center included an acknowledgement of our contribution to their organizations.
Please see the updates from the Kids Quilt and Soldier Quilts Committees for the final number of quilts completed at our January meeting (which was our charity for January).
At our March meeting, we will be collecting items for the Home of the Sparrow from their “wish list” provided below.
Thank you all for your continued support of our charitable gifts.
Ann McErlean and Janet Creely
Home of the Sparrow Needs List
Store Cards From: Giant, Wawa,Target, Kmart, Walmart, Acme, Staple, Home Depot, Lowes, Payless
Phone Cards – Cellphone
Household and Cleaning Items: Hand Soap, Light Bulbs, PaperTowels, Swiffer WetJet Pads and Fluid, Liquid DishSoap, Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Oven Cleaner, Vacuum Bags, Multipurpose Cleaner, Magic Erasers, Toilet Paper, Duster, Laundry Detergent, Bleach, Clorox Wipes
Kitchen Items: Kitchen Draw string bags, Trash bags (13 Gallon), Aluminum Foil, Plastic Wrap, Sandwich Bags, Sets of pots and pans, new dish sets in neutral color, New utensils, Reusable plastic drink glasses, Baking sheet, Baking dishes, Cups for children
Personal Items: Toothpaste, Shampoo and Conditioner, (not travel size), Diapers (Sizes3, 4, and 5), Baby Wipes,
Also Needed: Zippered Covers for Bed, Pillows, Zippered Covers for Twin Beds , Twin Size Comforters, Full/Queen Sheet Sets, Bed Pillows, Brooms, Bright White Copy Paper, Postage Stamps, New Sheets for Cribs and Youth Beds
Thanks to all who participated in our “quilt-a-thon” this month to make children’s quilts for the Domestic Violence Center of West Chester . This year, in addition to the children’s quilts, we worked on patriotic quilts for the veterans. There should be a final count of both types of quilts completed by our next meeting.
For your convenience, a month by month list of the charities we support can be found below.
Guild Year 2017 – 2018 Donation List
- March 2018 – Home of the Sparrow Needs List
- April 2018 – Baby items for Chester County Hospital Maternity Unit
- May 2018 – Wish list items for West Chester Friends Association
- June 2018 – Wish list items for Pocopson Home
Guild Year 2017 – 2018 Donation History
- February 2018 – 51 Walker bags collected and distributed
- January 2018 – Kids Quilts and Veterans Quilts
- December 2017 – Carful of wish list items and $140 in cks and gift cards
- November 2017 – 3 extra large bags and 15 assorted size bags of hats, gloves and scarves to various Chester County charities.
- October 2017 – 3 large boxes and 20 assorted size bags of clothing, toiletries and other items for the Coatesville VA
- September 2017 – 267 Pillowcases and 22 handkerchieves for Ryan’s Case for Smiles
- August 2017 – two cars full of preschool supplies for 2 local programs
- July 2017 – 200.5 lbs of non-perishable food items for WC Food Cupboard