Thank you all for your most generous contributions for Home of the Sparrow. We stuffed the trunk of the car with an amazing assortment of items from their wish list including gift cards and monetary gifts. All were well received and will go a long way in support of their mission.
As Ann discussed at our March meeting, Jennersville Hospital, which has been the recipient of our “baby bundles” in the past, is no longer providing maternity services. Most of the women are going to Chester County Hospital. We have made a connection with the CCH Prenatal Clinic and they were most excited that we wanted to provide baby items for them. In addition to their OB clinic, they also conduct classes on baby care and postpartum depression.
At our APRIL meeting, we will be collecting any/all purchased or hand made baby hats, blankets, onesies and other clothing from newborn to 18 month sizes (which are distributed as needed). In addition, baby shampoo, wipes, etc. are also appreciated.
Thank you again, for your continuing generosity.
Ann and Janet
March 2017 – Home of the Sparrow
For your convenience, the monthly schedule of charitable activities is provided below.
Guild Year 2016 – 2017 Donation List
- April 2017 – Baby Bundles
- May 2017 – Habitat for Humanity, Household Items
- June 2017 – Pocopson Home – Wish list items
Guild Year 2016 – 2017 Donation History
- March 2017 – Home of the Sparrow; trunk full of wish list items, cash and gift cards
- February 2017 – 19 walker bags to Pembrook, Brandywine and Pocopson
- January 2017 – 57 kids quilts to Domestic Violence Center of Chester County
- December 2016 – two trunks of items were loaded to be taken to the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County plus $200 in gift cards.
- November 2016 – over 1000 hats, gloves & scarves to five local organizations; two large boxes filled with fleece hats, scarves and gloves will go the Alopecia Foundation
- October 2016 – 8 large bags of clothing and 5 equally large bags of assorted toiletries to Coatesville Veterans Hospital
- September 2016 – 293 pillowcases for Ryan’s Case for Smiles
- August 2016 – 24 large bags filled with school supplies for distribution to the HeadStart Program and the Friends Association of West Chester.
- July 2016 – 201 pounds of food for the Chester County Food Bank