We filled two cars with school supplies collected at our August meeting. The items were distributed to the Head Start Program and the Friends Association of West Chester. Both organizations greatly appreciated the generosity of our members. The items collected will provide many children with the supplies to begin their school year.
In September, we will be collecting Pillowcases for Ryan’s Smile. These cheerful pillowcases help brighten the day of hospitalized children. Please remember that the fabric/pillowcase should be laundered and put in a plastic bag. Click here for the pillowcase pattern.
In addition, this year, we will also be collecting handkerchiefs for mothers of children in the hospital. To make the handkerchiefs use pretty, floral patterns, cut 11″ by 11″, serge or finish the edges and add trim.
Looking ahead to October, we will be collecting items for the Coatsville VA. Items requested include:
- Personal Care: shampoo/conditioner, liquid body wash, shaving cream/gel, alcohol free mouthwash, deodorant, body lotions, toothpaste, floss, tooth brushes, denture cream, brush and combs, razors (disposable or electric).
- Clothing: new/gently used men’s and women’s clothing, new socks, t-shirts, underwear and wire free bras, slipper socks, new/gently used shoes/sneakers/work boots, coats/jackets, belts. Note: there is a need for extra large men’s clothing.
- Miscellaneous items: forever stamps, stationary, paper/pads/envelopes, gift cards from retail stores and/or prepaid gas cards, phone cards, movie DVDs, coffee/tea, creamer, sugar and sugar substitutes, cosmetics, tissues, suitcases
For your convenience, a month by month list of the charities we support can be found below.
Thank you for your continued support,
Guild Year 2017 – 2018 Donation List
- September 2017 – Pillowcases and handkerchieves for Ryan’s Case for Smiles
- October 2017 – Wish list items for Coatesville Veterans Hospital
- November 2017 – Hats, scarves & gloves for the Homeless Shelter & Children’s Alopecia Project
- December 2017 – Wish list items for the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County
- January 2018 – Kids Quilts
- February 2018F- Walker bags for Pembroke, Brandywine & Pocopson Homes
- March 2018 – Wish list items for Home of the Sparrow
- April 2018 – Baby items for Chester County Hospital Maternity Unit
- May 2018 – Wish list items for West Chester Friends Association
- June 2018 – Wish list items for Pocopson Home
Guild Year 2017 – 2018 Donation History
- August 2017 – two cars full of preschool supplies for 2 local programs
- July 2017 – 200.5 lbs of non-perishable food items for WC Food Cupboard