At our June meeting, we collected “bingo prizes” for Pocopson Nursing Home. There was quite a variety from adult coloring books, to scarves, jewelry and many other items. Thank you all for your generosity.
In July we will be donating canned goods and non-perishable food items to the West Chester County Food Bank.
Suggested needs include: peanut butter and jelly, cereal, bottled juice or juice boxes, canned one-dish meals (like Spaghetti O’s), canned meats, chunky soup, rice, paper products, toothpaste. Please no damaged cans or old expiration dates. Please no glass or any fresh or frozen food.
Thank you again for your continuing support,
Ann and Janet
For your convenience, our upcoming schedule of charitable activities is provided below.
Guild Year 2017 – 2018 Donation List
- July 2017 – Non-perishable food items for West Chester Food Cupboard
- August 2017 – Pre-kindergarten school supplies for Headstart & West Chester Friends Association
- September 2017 – Pillowcases and handkerchieves for Ryan’s Case for Smiles
- October 2017 – Wish list items for Coatesville Veterans Hospital
- November 2017 – Hats, scarves & gloves for the Homeless Shelter & Children’s Alopecia Project
- December 2017 – Wish list items for the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County
- January 2018 – Kids Quilts
- February 2018F- Walker bags for Pembroke, Brandywine & Pocopson Homes
- March 2018 – Wish list items for Home of the Sparrow
- April 2018 – Baby items for Chester County Hospital Maternity Unit
- May 2018 – Wish list items for West Chester Friends Association
- June 2018 – Wish list items for Pocopson Home
Guild Year 2016 – 2017 Donation History
- June 2017 – Pocopson Home – Wish list items
- May 2017 – Baby items for Chester County Hospital Pre-Natal Clinic
- April 2017 – Baby items for Chester County Hospital Pre-Natal Clinic
- March 2017 – Home of the Sparrow; trunk full of wish list items, cash and gift cards
- February 2017 – 19 walker bags to Pembrook, Brandywine and Pocopson
- January 2017 – 57 kids quilts to Domestic Violence Center of Chester County
- December 2016 – two trunks of items were loaded to be taken to the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County plus $200 in gift cards.
- November 2016 – over 1000 hats, gloves & scarves to five local organizations; two large boxes filled with fleece hats, scarves and gloves will go the Alopecia Foundation
- October 2016 – 8 large bags of clothing and 5 equally large bags of assorted toiletries to Coatesville Veterans Hospital
- September 2016 – 293 pillowcases for Ryan’s Case for Smiles
- August 2016 – 24 large bags filled with school supplies for distribution to the HeadStart Program and the Friends Association of West Chester.
- July 2016 – 201 pounds of food for the Chester County Food Bank