THERE ARE A FEW SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR THE APRIL WORKSHOP.
- April 11, 2017 – Barb Vedder “Hex Vex” – English Paper Piecing
- June 13, 2017 – Maxine Rosenthal – One Block Wonders Workshop
- July 11, 2017 – Melissa Averinos – Making Faces Workshop
If you would like to sign up for a workshop or be added to a waitlist, please contact Kelly Meanix.
We are quickly approaching our May 10th Auction and we still need many more donations.
This event is our Guild’s most important fundraiser. Funds raised go toward the high quality speakers and workshops we enjoy, as well as subsidize the operations of our Guild and its charitable activities.
Added more information about Ways and Means, updated workshop information, updated wish list for Home of the Sparrow. Updated next meeting post and workshops post. Posted info, pictures and supply list for Maxine Rosenthal workshop.
- Your quilt must have a 4″ sleeve in order to be exhibited at a national show. If you are finished and do not want to add a 4″ sleeve to your quilt, that’s okay, it will still qualify for our guild’s challenge but it will not be able to be displayed at a future show.
- Pin a piece of fabric over your quilt label to hide your name and info.
- Bring your quilt in a brown paper bag or any bag that it cannot be seen through.
- And, MOST IMPORTANT, please try to come to the meeting early so we can get the quilts hung as soon as possible.
Make sure you also read the Exciting News Post!
From Stephanie and Cheryl:
We are so excited! We just heard from the people that run the PA National Quilt Extravaganza and they want to exhibit our challenge quilts. This means that every single one of you can exhibit your quilt in an amazing National level quilt show.
With this opportunity, we have to be mindful of a few things.
- Each quilt needs to have a name that you give it.
- Each quilt has to have a 4″ sleeve.
- Each quilt must be of a design that is copyright free and not from a pattern, unless you have the permission of the designer.
So, let’s get quilting!
P.S. We are aware some of you may halve already sewn in your hanger and it is not 4″ wide. Don’t panic! Simply take a piece of muslin (or other fabric scrap) and tack on a temporary 4 inch hanger!
Any questions, please contact Stephanie or Cheryl.